Three-dimensional shapes, also known as 3D shapes, are objects that have length, width, and height. They are solid objects that occupy space and can be seen from different angles. Here are some common three-dimensional shapes:
- Cube: A cube is a six-sided object where each face is a square. All the sides of a cube are of equal length.
- Sphere: A sphere is a round object that has no corners or edges. All points on the surface of a sphere are the same distance from its center.
- Cylinder: A cylinder is a three-dimensional shape with a circular base and straight sides. A soda can is an example of a cylinder.
- Cone: A cone is a three-dimensional shape with a circular base that narrows to a point at the top. A traffic cone is an example of a cone.
- Rectangular Prism: A rectangular prism is a six-sided object where each face is a rectangle. All the sides of a rectangular prism are of equal length.
- Pyramid: A pyramid is a three-dimensional shape with a polygonal base and triangular sides that meet at a point at the top.
These are just a few examples of three-dimensional shapes. There are many other shapes such as torus, ellipsoid, frustum, etc.